I was wondering how far I had progress in digital painting. So I pick up one of my old artwork and repaint it last weekend.
This is the old artwork I did in January 2012. To be honest, this is not even a painting but more like a collage of photos. I took a few different photos from my library, combine them together and apply filters such as paint-dub and lens blur on them. Then, color grade it with a strong sepia color. The painting work in this are minimal, and I would like to redo this with more painting work done on it.
And this is the result of the repaint, “dog“. Below are some of the progress images that I had saved.
Overall, I am quite happy with the result, but was too lazy to repaint the girl on bicycle. So I end up with just a running dog.