Adobe just released Flash Player 11 beta 2 earlier this month and their “Molehill” 3D API is now known as “Stage 3D“. My old blog entry about setting up Flash Player Incubator with Away3D and Molehill is not applicable now, so I have to write a new entry on this topic.
Install Flash Player 11 Beta 2
To view Flash Stage 3D content, you will need to install the beta version of flash player 11.
- Download and install Flash Player 11 Beta 2.
Setup FlashDevelop 4 with Flex 4.5 and Away3D 4
To publish Flash Stage3D content, you will need the new Flex 4.5 SDK. In my case, I will be using FlashDevelop 4 and Away3D 4.
- Download and install Java runtime.
- Download and install FlashDevelop 3.3.4
- Download and extract Flex 4.5 SDK. When you installing FlashDevelop 4, It will give you an option download this SDK too.
- Download and extract Away3D Core FP11
- Download flashplayer11_b2_playerglobal_080811.swc and rename it to playerglobal.swc
- Copy playerglobal.swc to [Flex 4.5 SDK Path]frameworks>libs>player>11.0 folder. FlashDevelop 4 will create this folder for you when setting up, if not create the folder and put the SWC here.
- Download and extract Away3D Core FP11 Examples
- Launch FlashDevelop and start a new AS3 Flex 4 Project. Set your project folder to Away3D examples folder you extract earlier. A warning message about folder not empty and template files will pop up, click OK to copy them. FlashDevelop will then generate the index file for you.
- Go to Tools>Program Settings>AS3 Context>Installed Flex SDKs. Fill in the location where you extract Flex 4.5 SDK.
- Go to Project>Properties>Class Paths. Click Add Class Path and browse to the location where you extract Away3D 4. Remember to target the sub folder name src, not the main folder.
- Go to Project>Properties>Output>Platform. Make sure it is Flash Player 11.0.
- Go to Project>Properties>Output>Test Project. Select Open document from dropdown list. Click Edit button and type bin\index.html
- Go to Project>Properties>Compiler Options>Additional Compiler Options. Key in -swf-version=13
- Done. Right click on any of Away3D example source files which can be found at src folder, choose Set Document Class, compile and profit!
Posted in Scripting and Coding | Tags: 3D, ActionScript3, Flex, Tutorial